This is the weirdest planet I've ever been on - - -

The title of this post is my re-introduction to the wacky world of blogging - - -

I've tried this before, without much enthusiasm, so I've no idea where it might go.  I suppose it's a way of dealing with my discontent and doubts about social media.  Why do I feel the need to engage via facebook in particular?  Am I just massaging my ego?  Probably, yes.



Well, here I am in a previous life:  As a Scientific Officer (Otherwise known as a sculptor / model-maker) at London's Natural History Museum, in the Exhibition Section, from 1972 to 1980.

It was a fabulous job:  Eight years of trying out and learning a wide range of new materials, methods and ideas; like a perfect post-graduate course with pay.


And here, a little later in life, sculpting the anatomy of a Diplodocus leg.

In the meantime I'd been lucky enough to transer to the UK Film Industry at a time when those new people, ideas, technologies and materials provided frontiers to explore with every new job.  Just like my time at the Natural History Museum.

So this is the beginning of another round of blogging, which I may or may not keep up, with rants and reflections on all things earthly and otherwise.
See you in the CyberSphere - - - !!

Comments

Popular Posts